Have you ever admired someone else’s skills, talent or work, and felt that maybe you’re not that gifted in comparison?
‘Comparisonitis’ is defined as ‘the compulsion to compare one’s accomplishments and abilities to another’s to determine relative importance’
It is something we humans tend to do because we’ve evolved to compare ourselves to others.
By assessing the people around them, and how they measured up and compared in various ways, our ancestors found their place & role in the hierarchy of the tribe and ensured their survival.
So that’s why when we come across someone with impressive skills or talents, we decide who we are in comparison, and that can sometimes be inspiring (if we already know our own talents and skills) or it can be discouraging.
This article is all about how we can find our skills & talents or start valuing them more, if we already know what they are.
‘Comparisonitis’ is something I stopped doing myself, once I connected how my soul’s nature is expressing itself in my work.
Your soul, of course, is the part of you that will survive this lifetime after you die, and be with you in your next life.
Your soul affects your personality, what you’re good at and what your weaknesses are. These aspects come from the deepest and most enduring part of you, which is your soul. And you can find out more about the nature of your soul, through the Akashic Records.
How the info in my akashic records showed me what I’m meant to do in the spiritual field
There’s a lot of amazing people in the industry I’m in (the spiritual industry), who inspire, encourage, catalyze, transform, and motivate.
I’m not here to do any of that. I’m here to systematise the field and then present it to people as a ‘how to’ system that they can learn.
I know this because it’s in my akashic soul record. I’m a Sirian, so my purpose is partly to bring order and structure to the field. I also am here to improve and fine tune systems and ways of doing things.
This is why I mostly sell very structured ‘how to’ products & books, such as:
- How to clear the energy of your home
- How to communicate with your Spirit Guides
- How to read the Akashic Records & do readings for others
- How to become a balanced empath
- And soon…How to do intuitive healing sessions, for yourself and for others
I’ve even written a book of my business for my assistant and operations manager so that the running of my business is hands off. (That’s a very Sirian thing to do.)
But you’re probably not going to find me giving inspiring motivational speeches. If I tried to do that, I’d not get that far, precisely because it’s just not what I’m here to do.
I already know what I’m good at, and I’m going to stick to that, because that’s where success lies.
I know all of this because I was lucky enough to get an Akashic Record reading 13 years ago, right at the start of my career. Getting an Akashic Record reading is good way to find out your talents/skills*. Most people already know what they’re good at, but many do not give themselves credit for what they are good at, or consciously create a career based on those strengths. The value lies in having a stranger validate those strengths for you.
Here are some other combinations I’ve found recently, in the Akashic Records:
A Blueprint Changer who is also a Raphaelite – this client is here to help others to heal. She’s had past lives with a lot of adversity and this has turned her into a survivor who can also show others how to survive adversity. Ideally she’ll work in the field of healing.
A Pleiadian who is a Gabrielite is here to inspire other people towards action, and communication (speaking, writing and teaching) is a big part of that path. So, this is a soul who is likely to be drawn to encouraging people to go after a particular goal in their lives, and teaching them how to do it.
If you’d like to know what your soul gifts are, you may be interested in a mini reading. I am offering 20 of these and they usually sell out within a few hours of announcing them in the newsletter, so if you want one be quick.
If you’d like to be able to read for other people and find out what their soul gifts are, you may be interested in my Akashic Record Reading Program.
(There is also a version with mentoring here.)
*Please note that in 90% of cases, an Akashic Record reader can pinpoint gifts and tell you what you’re here to do. For the remaining 10% (mostly Parallel souls) you are here to experience something in particular during your incarnation, rather than contribute, and so your purpose here lies in your own experiences, not in helping others. You can also contribute and help others, in any way you like, but you are unlikely to be as driven to do that, as the souls who specifically have that soul purpose.