Part-Time Virtual Assistant Position Vacancy
I am on the lookout for an A-player to join my team as a VA (virtual assistant) and take care of details behind the scenes of the business, so that I can focus my time on writing and supporting my students.
This is a part time contractor position, involving anything from 5 to 12 hours per week. This role has an hourly rate of between $18 and $22 US/hour.
What this job involves:
- Responding to enquiries and emails
- Providing technical support to customers
- Helping with social media accounts
- Posting blog articles to WordPress
- Uploading & broadcasting newsletters in Convert Kit
- Creating graphics for blog articles using Photoshop or Canva
- Maintaining the website
- Mailing out certificates to graduating students
- Creating written transcripts from audio files
- Taking care of personal administrative tasks for Anna, such as travel arrangements
However, this role may evolve and change slightly over time, once you are in it.
- You must have some experience in a customer facing role, preferably online, as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Some familiarity with Gmail Apps & WordPress
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- A reliable internet connection and computer
- Great communication skills
- You are a fast and independent learner
- You are organized and can follow procedures
- You are a native English speaker
- Ability to work independently – once you have been trained in our procedures, systems and policies, you will not require extensive hand-holding
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- You are detail-oriented and reliable
- If you have knowledge or experience of Convert Kit, E-junkie or the Teamwork project management tool that is a plus, but not essential
- If you have completed any of Anna’s programs or are otherwise familiar with her work, that is also a big plus.
What else you need to know
- For this role you are required to log in to respond to email Monday-Friday, in the morning (any time between 7.30am and 9.30am local time) and then later in the afternoon or evening (some time between 5.30pm and 7.30pm)
- This role requires some degree of flexibility, as the number of hours may vary slightly from week to week
- Anna’s team is made up of self-employed contractors who work from all over the world. You will be working primarily with our operations/business manager who is based in Alberta, Canada
- You will be responsible for ensuring you are compliant with the laws and tax regulations in your home country
- Detailed training will be provided in any of our systems you are unfamiliar with, plus in all policies and procedures
- You will be paid weekly (on Fridays) via PayPal in USD, regardless of your location or local currency.
Perks of the job:
- Gain free access to all of Anna’s highly sought after online courses over a period of 2.5 years, along with all mentoring privileges
- We often hire from within, so there may be opportunities in the future to move up or around within the company
- Flexible hours – you choose when you work, as long as you’re logging in some time in the morning and evening, between the hours mentioned
- Monthly retainer, so you will always be paid for a minimum number of hours each month
- Some paid holiday days (which are available after you have been on the team for 12 months.)
Who would not be suitable for this role
This role would NOT be suitable for someone on the New Zealand, Australia or South-East Asia time zones (or on any other time zone that is vastly removed from the US Mountain time zone.)
This job is also not suited to someone who needs a short-term gig, or a ‘stop gap’ job for reasons like: you are working on getting your own business up and running and intend to leave when it is. (Anna is looking for someone who is interested in being part of the business for a long time to come.)
This would also not be suited to someone who is primarily looking for free training or mentoring with Anna.
The Recruitment Process
Step 1: To apply for this role, click on this link and fill out the application form.
Step 2: If you are shortlisted for the next stage, you will be asked to complete a practical interview, where you are given a variety of tasks to perform to assess your skills and suitability for the role
Step 3: You will be invited for a Skype interview
Step 4: References are checked
Step 5: An offer will be made to the successful applicant to start a trial period of a couple of months.
You can apply for the job here.
Please note, the deadline for applications is 31st March 2018, at the end of the working day EST.
Graphic Designer Vacancy
I am looking for a graphic designer to join my team to:
- Create graphics for new products and blog articles
- Re-design existing cover artwork
- Optimize existing web pages from the graphic design perspective
- Format & improve presentation of PDFs
- Convert PDF documents to Indesign
We have an existing style guide which can be used. I am also interested in hiring someone with good working knowledge of WordPress and preferably the Divi theme.
This contractor position would probably be no more than 5-10 hours per month and hours would vary from month to month.
You can apply here.